About time for a change …
- We wanted a bit of light-hearted political fun design in our portfolio too – politics is big news in Australia.
- Australia is well-known for turning over it’s prime ministers quite quickly and the current incumbent is currently not polling well in the opinion polls. Hence, it’s about time for a change.
- We created and added the hourglass time graphic in Adobe Illustrator to show his time running out. It’s mainly drawn very simply with the pen tool with strokes and fills. But we did add a little curved grey shadow on the glass to suggest a more 3D effect.
- The Aussie flag has had a slight WAVE effect added to make it look for interesting than a plain flat image.
- The words on the cards below the main image are the nick-names of all the prime ministers who have been managed out of the job in the last 10 to 15 years.
- Real names are John Howard, Kevin Rudd (who was PM twice), Julia Gillard, Tony Abbot, Malcolm Turnbull and now Scott Morrison.
- Scott Morrison’s other nick-name “Scotty from Marketing” was too big to go on the card – and Smoke is much more topical than Scomo.
- We have no view on who should be next – although we do like the online meme going around that suggests Rick Astley should be the next global leader – as he is never going to give you up (!)