Snapshot : Keyword research shows more searches for ‘marketing’ than for ‘brand’ terms. And while brand strategy and brand identity generate searches for reasons we
In today’s marketing world, you face a growing choice of marketing technology (martech) services which promise to change the way you market to your consumers. The need to be tech savvy is growing for those who work in marketing. In the past, marketers likely only talked to IT teams when they forgot a password or needed a new laptop. But now in many businesses marketers and IT teams work hand in hand on a daily basis.
Marketing technology tools are designed to make life simpler for marketers to market. They automate difficult, time-consuming and repetitive manual tasks.
While the Marketing and technology teams have to work closely to set such systems up, the end goal of martech should be to remove or significantly reduce the need for IT involvement.
Ten years ago, there were less than 100 martech suppliers and now the number is over 7,000 companies working in this space.
The Martech annual landscape survey identifies 39 groups of technology solutions for marketing.
We believe these 39 groups can be further grouped into these four key areas.
One to one interactions with the customer
- Email Marketing
- Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM)
- Identity Management
- Community and Reviews
- Customer Service
- Feedback and Chat
- Advocacy, Loyalty & Referrals
- Lead Management
- Interactive content
- Mobile apps
- Call analytics and Management
- Audience / Market Data
- Data enhancement programs
- Marketing Analytics, Performance and Attribution
- Mobile and Web Analytics
- Dashboards and Data Visualisation
- Business / customer intelligence and data science
- Predictive Analytics
- Tag Management
- Customer Data Platforms
Media and advertising
- Events, meetings and webinars
- Social Media Marketing & Monitoring
- Mobile marketing
- Display and programmatic
- Search & Social Advertising
- Native / content advertising
- Video advertising / marketing
- Content Marketing
Enabling and optimising systems
- AI and Machine Learning
- CMS and Web Experience
- Marketing Automation
- Digital Asset Management
- Asset Approval Systems
- Optimisation, Personalisation and Testing
- Cloud/data integration,